Morning Prayer Tuesday, 21 July 2009

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:41:21 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 07/19/09 09:41:25
Subject: Tuesday, 21 July 2009

.=: M O R N I N G P R A Y E R :=.
From Father Pat Umberger
Intentions will be accepted again after his return. Thanks much. Keep us
In your prayers and know you're remembered in ours as well.

.=: S A I N T O F T H E D A Y :=.

St. Lawrence of Brindisi (1559-1619)
At first glance perhaps the most remarkable quality of Lawrence of Brindisi
Is his outstanding gift of languages. In addition to a thorough knowledge of

His native Italian, he had complete reading and speaking ability in Latin,
Hebrew, Greek, German, Bohemian, Spanish and French. He was born on July 22,

1559, and died exactly 60 years later on his birthday in 1619. His parents
William and Elizabeth Russo gave him the name of Julius Caesar, Caesare in
Italian. After the early death of his parents, he was educated by his uncle
At the College of St. Mark in Venice. For more, follow the link below:

.=: S C R I P T U R E S F O R T H E D A Y :=

When Israel saw the Egyptians lying dead on the seashore and beheld the
Great power that the LORD had shown against the Egyptians, they feared the
LORD and believed in him and in his servant Moses. ~Exodus 14:12-15:1

But he said in reply to the one who told him, "Who is my mother? Who are my
Brothers?" And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, "Here
Are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my heavenly
Father is my brother, and sister, and mother." ~Matthew 12:46-50

.=: M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y :=.

God raised up Moses and many other leaders to shepherd and protect His
People. Jesus reminds us that we are brother, sister and mother to Him when
We do the will of the heavenly Father.

.=: P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y :=.

I pray that I may trust in the Lord's beneficence. I pray that I may do the
Will of the Father and live with Jesus as my brother.

.=: W E P R A Y :=.

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at
Home. We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage
And willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who

Have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a
Good day!