Morning Prayer Saturday Jan.12

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:46:59 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 01/05/08 11:23:59
Subject: Saturday, 12 January 2008

I ' M    A T    G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January.  Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well.  I'll remember your intentions
remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many Churches
of Mexico City.  Since Morning Prayer is already prepared, Prayer Intentions
will not be included with Morning Prayer during this time. Margie, our
Pastoral Minister, will send Morning Prayer in my absence.  You cannot
e-mail Margie by replying to this e-mail, but may do so by e-mailing
marge@xxxxxxxxxxx If you'd like to "unsubscribe" during this time, just
follow the directions at the bottom of this e-mail.  I cannot do it for you
during this time away.

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Marguerite Bourgeoys (1620-1700)
"God closes a door and then opens a window," people sometimes say when
dealing with their own disappointment or someone else's. That was certainly
true in Marguerite's case. Children from European as well as Native American
backgrounds in seventeenth-century Canada benefited from her great zeal and
unshakable trust in God's providence. For more, click the link below:

Beloved: We have this confidence in him that if we ask anything according to
his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever
we ask, we know that what we have asked him for is ours.  ~1 John 5:14-21

You yourselves can testify that I said that I am not the Christ, but that I
was sent before him. The one who has the bride is the bridegroom; the best
man, who stands and listens for him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's
voice. So this joy of mine has been made complete. He must increase; I must
decrease."   ~John 3:22-30

We can avoid evil and know that the Lord hears our prayers. We may be
inspired by John the Baptist and all the Saints who know that "He must
increase" and they must decrease.

I pray that I may trust in the God in all my joys, trials and sorrows.  I
pray that I may know God's help as I decrease a bit, and allow Him to
increase.