Morning Prayer Saturday 22, November 2008

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ryanzer4439@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <mwrob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:25:21 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger

Subject: Saturday, 22 November 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
In the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
To do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
Message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
Will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y

Today we proceed to Fiumicino Airport in Rome and begin our journey back to
The United States.  We return home with memories and inspiration that will
Last a lifetime.  I hope you'll be able to join us on a future Pilgrimage.
Thanks so much for your prayers.  Know that you and your intentions are very
Much remembered in ours as well.

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
Forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
Day in 2009 ... From $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
Calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
Banner link from:  WWW.stpatz.Com

St. Cecilia (3rd century)
Although Cecilia is one of the most famous of the Roman martyrs, the
Familiar stories about her are apparently not founded on authentic material.
There is no trace of honor being paid her in early times. A fragmentary
Inscription of the late fourth century refers to a church named after her,
And her feast was celebrated at least in 545.  For more, follow the link
Below:

That the dead will rise even Moses made known in the passage about the bush,
When he called 'Lord' the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of
Jacob; and he is not God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are
Alive." Some of the scribes said in reply, "Teacher, you have answered
Well." And they no longer dared to ask him anything.  ~Luke 20:27-40

God's time is not our time, and God's ways are not our ways.  We can spend
Vast amounts of time speculating about things, as did the Sadducees who deny
The resurrection.  Their purpose was not to be enlightened, but to catch
Jesus in His speech.  They were not people of good will.  We can be people
Of good will.  As such, we'll often have to be comfortable not to understand
Absolutely everything about our faith.  If we did, it wouldn't be faith.  We
Can trust that God loves us, that God is with us, that God will strengthen
Us, and that God has prepared a place for us.  The details will be revealed
When we see God face-to-face in His Kingdom.

I pray that I may be comfortable not fully understanding the mysteries of my
Faith.  I pray that I may trust that God is with me, that He forgives me and
Provides for me.  That's all that I really need to know, until all mysteries
Are revealed in His Kingdom.

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at
Home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage
And willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who
Have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a