Morning Prayer Nov.8

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:37:53 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 11/02/07 20:47:35
Subject: Thursday, 08 November 2007

M O R E    O F    J E R U S A L E M    T O D A Y
After breakfast we drive to the Mount of Olives for a panoramic view of
Jerusalem.  We visit the Church the Pater Noster (Our Father), and the
Chapel of the Ascension.  We continue with a walk down the hill to Dominus
Flevit Chapel where Jesus wept over Jerusalem.  We go the Garden of
Gethsemane and the Church of All Nations where Jesus endured his Agony.
Next we visit the Church of St. Peter Gallicantu (The Cock Crows) where
Jesus was held in the house of the High Priest Caiaphas.  We cross the
Kidron Valley, past the tombs of Absalom, Zechariah and St. James, on our
way to the Pool of Siloam.  Later, we enter the Old City through the Zion
Gate and see the Cardo and the remains of Nehemiah's wall on the way to the
Western (Wailing) Wall.  We view in passing the Dome of the Rock on the
Temple Mount.  From there we visit the Church of St. Anne and the Pool of
Bethesda.  Keep us in your prayers this holy day, and know you're very much
remembered in ours as well!

I N    T H E    H O L Y    L A N D

I'm leading a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land and will return late on Thursday,
15 November.  Margie, our Pastoral Minister will be sending Morning Prayer
in my absence. No prayer intentions will be accepted at this time, since
Morning Prayer has already been prepared. Be assured that we'll remember
your intentions in our prayers, during our Daily Masses and in the many
important Churches we'll visit.  Please "Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe" in the
way described at the bottom of this e-mail, since I won't have regular
Internet access in the Holy Land.'

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed John Duns Scotus (c. 1266-1308)
Born in Scotland, John as been one of the most influential Franciscans.  He
descended from a wealthy farming family.. He became a Franciscan Friar Minor
at Dumfries where his uncle was superior.  He studied at Oxford and Paris
and was Ordained in 1291. He taught at Oxford and Cambridge. Drawing on the
work of John Duns Scotus, Pope Pius IX solemnly defined the Immaculate
Conception of Mary in 1854. John Duns Scotus, the "Subtle Doctor," was
beatified in 1993.

"None of us lives for oneself, and no one dies for oneself. For if we live,
we live for the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord; so then whether we
live or die, we are the Lord's."  ~ Romans 14:7-12

"In just the same way, I tell you, there will be rejoicing among the angels
of God over one sinner who repents."  ~Luke 15:1-10

Although all of us "live for the Lord and die for the Lord" it is easy for
us to "judge our brother or sister." We can remember that each of us will
"stand before the judgment seat of God." We can remember that "there will be
rejoicing among the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

I pray that I can remember that all people are precious to the Lord.  I can
accept my responsibility to turn to the Lord and seek forgiveness, and pray
for my neighbor rather than condemning.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site