Morning Prayer -Friday November 20

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:22:41 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.

No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

B I S H O P   L I S T E C K I

Chosen to be Eleventh Archbishop of Milwaukee We keep Bishop Listecki very
much in our prayers!  So where does that leave us.  Visit my Web Site for a
complete explanation of how our new Bishop will be chosen.  Just follow the
link from:  www.frpat.com

A    L I T T L E    S U R G E R Y

Marge . add a report on my surgery if you'd like.

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Rose Philippine Duchesne (1769-1852) Born in Grenoble, France, of a
family that was among the new rich, Philippine learned political skills from
her father and a love of the poor from her mother. The dominant feature of
her temperament was a strong and dauntless will, which became the
material-and the battlefield-of her holiness. She entered the convent at 19
and remained despite their opposition. As the French Revolution broke, the
convent was closed, and she began taking care of the poor and sick, opened a
school for street

urchins and risked her life helping priests in the underground.   For

more, follow the link below:

Jesus entered the temple area and proceeded to drive out those who were
selling things, saying to them, "It is written, My house shall be a house of
prayer, but you have made it a den of thieves."  ~Luke 19:45-48

We need to go to God's house for the right reason, to praise and worship God
and to receive the strength we need in order to live according to our
calling. Mass attendance cannot be for personal gain or for show. May we
preserve God's house as a house of prayer.

I pray that I may keep holy the Lord's Day by attending Church for the right
reasons.  I pray that I may lep to make it a house of prayer.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.

We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!