Morning Prayer Friday Jan. 10, 2008

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:03:40 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 01/05/08 11:23:48
Subject: Friday, 11 January 2008

I ' M    A T    G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January.  Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well.  I'll remember your intentions
remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many Churches
of Mexico City.  Since Morning Prayer is already prepared, Prayer Intentions
will not be included with Morning Prayer during this time. Margie, our
Pastoral Minister, will send Morning Prayer in my absence.  You cannot
e-mail Margie by replying to this e-mail, but may do so by e-mailing
marge@xxxxxxxxxxx If you'd like to "unsubscribe" during this time, just
follow the directions at the bottom of this e-mail.  I cannot do it for you
during this time away.

     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed William Carter (d. 1584)
Born in London, William Carter entered the printing business at an early
age. For many years he served as apprentice to well-known Catholic printers,
one of whom served a prison sentence for persisting in the Catholic faith.
William himself served time in prison following his arrest for "printing
lewd [i.e., Catholic] pamphlets" as well as possessing books upholding
Catholicism.  For more, click the link below:

I write these things to you so that you may know that you have eternal life,
you who believe in the name of the Son of God.  ~1 John 5:5-13

"Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean." Jesus stretched out his hand,
touched him, and said, "I do will it. Be made clean." And the leprosy left
him immediately.  ~Luke 5:12-16

Eternal life is the hope given us through the death and resurrection of
Jesus. We hope in Jesus as we struggle with the difficulties of life.  We
hear of a leper healed by Jesus, and know that Jesus' healing is available
to us in many ways.

I pray that I may hope in eternal life.  I pray that I may live a good and
holy life, knowing Jesus' love for me and the healing He offers.