Morning Prayer April 25

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:18:46 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

K N I G  H T S    O F    C O L U M B U S
State Convention this Weekend
I'm La Crosse Diocesan Chaplain of the Knights of Columbus and will be at
the Knights of Columbus State Convention from Friday-Sunday.  Prayer
requests will not be included with <MP>Morning Prayer during this time,
since Morning Prayer has already been prepared and will be sent by Margie,
our Pastoral Minister.  Keep us in your prayers and know you'll be
remembered in ours as well!

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Mark
Most of what we know about Mark comes directly from the New Testament. He is
usually identified with the Mark of Acts 12:12. (When Peter escaped from
prison, he went to the home of Mark's mother.) Paul and Barnabas took him
along on the first missionary journey, but for some reason Mark returned
alone to Jerusalem. It is evident, from Paul's refusal to let Mark accompany
him on the second journey despite Barnabas's insistence, that Mark had
displeased Paul. Later, Paul asks Mark to visit him in prison so we may
assume the trouble did not last long. The oldest and the shortest of the
four Gospels, the Gospel of Mark emphasizes Jesus' rejection by humanity
while being God's triumphant envoy. Probably written for Gentile converts in
Rome-after the death of Peter and Paul sometime between A.D. 60 and
70-Mark's Gospel is the gradual manifestation of a "scandal": a crucified
Messiah.

Both Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and said, "It was necessary that the
word of God be spoken to you first, but since you reject it and condemn
yourselves as unworthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. For so
the Lord has commanded us, I have made you a light to the Gentiles, that you
may be an instrument of salvation to the ends of the earth." ~Acts 13:14,
42-52

Jesus said: "My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give
them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of
my hand. ~John 10: 27-30

Jesus is our Good Shepherd.  He has many sheep of many kinds. In our First
Reading we see that the favored crowd reject God's word, and that the door
of faith is open now to the Gentiles. I pray that I may hear the voice of
the Lord and follow him as my Good Shepherd.

I pray that I may not reject God's word.  I pray that I may hear the Lord's
voice and follow him as a sheep follows his Good Shepherd.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.