Monday January 14

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:59:03 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 01/05/08 11:24:16
Subject: Monday, 14 January 2008

I ' M    A T    G U A D A L U P E
I'll be in Mexico City from 07-18 January.  Keep me in your prayers, and
know you'll be remembered in mine as well.  I'll remember your intentions
remembered at Guadalupe, daily Mass and during visits to the many Churches
of Mexico City.  Since Morning Prayer is already prepared, Prayer Intentions
will not be included with Morning Prayer during this time. Margie, our
Pastoral Minister, will send Morning Prayer in my absence.  You cannot
e-mail Margie by replying to this e-mail, but may do so by e-mailing
marge@xxxxxxxxxxx If you'd like to "unsubscribe" during this time, just
follow the directions at the bottom of this e-mail.  I cannot do it for you
during this time away.

     From Father Pat Umberger

Servant of God John the Gardener (d. 1501)
John was born of poor parents in Portugal. Orphaned early in life, he spent
some years begging from door to door. After finding work in Spain as a
shepherd, he shared the little he earned with those even more needy than
himself.

To you, Lord, I will offer a sacrifice of praise.  ~Psalm 116

As he passed by the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew
casting their nets into the sea; they were fishermen. Jesus said to them,
"Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men."  ~Mark 1:14-20

There are many ways I can spend my life, and different places where I can
work.  In today's Gospel, Jesus calls fishermen.  They leave their nets and
their families to become "fishers of men."

I pray that my life's work may be pleasing to God.  I pray that I may
remember that whatever my job is, my main purpose is to glorify God and
bring those around me closer to Him.