Monday 17, November

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ryanzer4439@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <mwrob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:11:58 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger

Subject: Monday, 17 November 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
In the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
To do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
Message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
Will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y

Today we drive along the beautiful Amalfi Coast to the town of Amalfi where
We see St. Andrew's Cathedral and explore the narrow city alleyways
Displaying Maiolic Tile art.  We celebrate Mass at 10 a.m. In Saint Andrew's
Cathedral in Amalfi. We travel to Pompeii and visit the ruins at the foot of
Mr. Vesuvius.  We return to Sorrento where we will have some free time to
Wander and enjoy the city.  Keep us in your prayers and know that you and
Your intentions are very much in ours as well!

St. Elizabeth of Hungary (1207-1231)
In her short life Elizabeth manifested such great love for the poor and
Suffering that she has become the patroness of Catholic charities and of the
Secular Franciscan Order. The daughter of the King of Hungary, Elizabeth
Chose a life of penance and asceticism when a life of leisure and luxury
Could easily have been hers. This choice endeared her in the hearts of the
Common people throughout Europe.  For more, follow the link below:

Moreover, you have endurance and have suffered for my name, and you have not
Grown weary. Yet I hold this against you:
You have lost the love you had at first. Realize how far you have fallen.
Repent, and do the works you did at first.
Otherwise, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place,
Unless you repent."'" ~Revelation 1:1-4; 2:1-5

He immediately received his sight and followed him, giving glory to God.
When they saw this, all the people gave praise to God. ~Luke 18:35-43

Sometimes we find it difficult to see.  Some of us have difficulty with our
Physical vision, while others find it difficult to see how far we've strayed
From the path set out for us.  When we open our eyes, we can see clearly
Again.  We can imagine the wonder of the blind man Jesus cures in today's
Gospel.  We can imagine too, coming to see how far we've strayed off course,
That we may repent and do the works we did at first.

I pray that I may see clearly.  I pray that, if I find that I am far from
The course God set out for me, that I may repent and return with all my
Heart.  I pray that I may stay focused on the Lord and then follow the path
God has set out for me.

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at
Home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage
And willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who
Have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a
Good day!