<Monday, 02 June 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 19:07:57 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

Sts. Marcellinus and Peter (d. 304)
Marcellinus and Peter were prominent enough in the memory of Church to be
included among the saints of the Roman Canon. Mention of their names is
optional in our present Eucharistic Prayer I.  For more, follow the link
below:

For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with
virtue, virtue with knowledge, knowledge with self-control, self-control
with endurance, endurance with devotion, devotion with mutual affection,
mutual affection with love. ~2 Peter 1:2-7

Jesus began to speak to the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders in
parables. "A man planted a vineyard, put a hedge around it, dug a wine
press, and built a tower. Then he leased it to tenant farmers and left on a
journey. At the proper time he sent a servant to the tenants to obtain from
them some of the produce of the vineyard. But they seized him, beat him, and
sent him away empty-handed. ~Mark 12:1-12

In today's Gospel the tenant farmers hurt and even killed the representative
sent to collect a part of the proceeds from his vineyard.  Jealousy seized
them, and they thought that if they killed everyone, even his son, that the
vineyard would be theirs. In our first reading for today, Peter talks about
the importance of making an effort to supplement our faith with virtues.  We
can never allow greed to take over.  We won't when we stay close the Lord
and think more of being generous and helping others than what we may receive
or take.

I pray that I may live a virtuous life.  I pray that I may not become
jealous and greedy.  I pray that the Lord will help me follow the Lord's
path when I seek His wisdom and courage.