Margie - Morning Prayer - Wednesday April 2

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:50:23 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Subject: Wednesday, 02 April 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
now and Thursday.

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Francis of Paola (1416-1507)
Francis of Paola was a man who deeply loved contemplative solitude and
wished only to be the "least in the household of God." Yet, when the Church
called him to active service in the world, he became a miracle-worker and
influenced the course of nations.  For more, click the link below:

Then someone came in and reported to them, "The men whom you put in prison
are in the temple area and are teaching the people." Then the captain and
the court officers went and brought them, but without force, because they
were afraid of being stoned by the people. ~ Acts 5:17-26

God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone
who believes in him might not perish
but might have eternal life.  ~ John 3:16-21

Some of us may have seen a ball game, car race or parade on television and
have noticed somebody holding up a sign that said: "John 3:16."  The verse
is found in today's Gospel: "God so loved the world that he gave his
only-begotten Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but
might have eternal life." I summarizes our faith and hope. In today's First
Reading we hear about the Apostles being jailed and then freed by an angel.
In the morning the Romans expected them to be long gone, but they were
simply out teaching the people ... unafraid.

I pray that I may be unafraid too, as I strive to follow God's call.  I pray
that I may treasure God's love for me in giving me his only-begotten Son, so
that I may believe in Him and have eternal life.