<MP>Wednesday, 31 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:46:59 -0500

N O    T I C K E T S    R E M A I N
The last two tickets for our 04-15 November Pilgrimage to the Holy Land have
been sold. No tickets remain.

T H E   O C C U L T

The Church is very wary of the Occult, including fortune-telling, Ouija
Boards, etc.  Learn more about it at our Web Site.  Follow the "November"
link from: www.frpat.com

T H E    C A T H O L I C    C H U R C H    A N D    C R E M A T I O N
Learn what the Catholic Church teaches about cremation.  Follow the link
from:  www.frpat.com

W E   P R A Y   F O R   T H E  D E A D

In November we celebrate the Feast of All Souls and we pray for the dead.
They remain part of us in the Communion of Saints.  We help them through our
prayers and they help us from their place in Heaven.  For more information
including lots of prayers and resources, visit our Web Sites.  Follow the
"November" banner link from: www.frpat.com

M E X I C A N   D A Y   OF   T H E   D E A D
Dia de los Muertos is the Mexican Day of the Dead.  For more about this
interesting Mexican Feast and some pictures of altars used on this day,
visit our Web Site.  The many images of skeletons, etc. can be confusing
when we visit Mexico.  This page helps us understand what it's all about!
Follow the "November" link from: www.frpat.com/

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R   I N T E N T I O N S
We'll pray for your Intentions in the Holy Land!

We'll be happy to take your prayer intentions with us to the Holy Land and
pray for you and your intentions at our daily Masses and at the many
Churches and Holy Site's we'll visit.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com to send your Intention with us!

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Wolfgang of Regensburg (c. 924-994)
He befriended an Archbishop. After the death of the Archbishop he chose to
become a Benedictine monk and move to an abbey in Einsiedeln, now part of
Switzerland. and was appointed director of the monastery school. When the
emperor Otto III appointed him Bishop of Regensburg (near Munich) he
immediately began to reform the clergy and religions life.

"Brothers and sisters: the Spirit comes to the aid of our weakness; for we
do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes with
inexpressible groanings."  ~ Romans 8:26-30

"For behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be
last." ~ Luke 13:22-30

We can be fooled into thinking that we can enter the Kingdom of God under
our own steam. When we develop that kind of pride, it's difficult for the
Lord to break through to us. We can easily become those who thought they
would be first, but are now last.  If we humbly rely on God we can be the
last who end up being first.

I pray that I may not have false pride.  I pray that I may be humble before
God and trust in the grace God offers me.