<MP>Wednesday, 31 May 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:13:43 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
Thirty-two are now registered. Remember, to go on the trip you need to
register with and pay your deposit to Pentecost Tours. For complete details,
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

G O D C A S T  /  P O D C A S T
Visit the newest part of my Web Site.  Download the latest Sunday homily.
Listen to it with streaming audio at your computer or download to your MP3
player.  Subscribe to the DSS Feed to, and download new homilies
automatically!  Just follow the "Podcast" link from:  www.frpat.com

D A    V I N C I    C O D E    D E B U N K E D
Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M     F A T H E R    P A T
Somebody want's to give you money?

Most of us have received e-mails, mostly from Nigeria or another African
Country.  They come from various relatives of someone who died with a lot of
money, who wants to get money out of the country and give some to you, who
wants to give to charity, who is dying of an incurable disease and wants to
do something nice for you.  They most often ask for your phone number,
e-mail address and other information.  Then they'll contact you and want to
send a check, or transfer the money directly into your bank account.  Of
course they'll need account numbers.  It's a SCAM every time.  Somebody
actually sent me a check for four thousand dollars this year.  I was
supposed to wire $2000 to someone in Florida and keep the rest.  Needless to
say the account didn't exist and the check would have bounced, after I'd
sent money on.  The best tip . don't respond!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"'When you are praying, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do; for
they think that they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be
like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.  "Pray
then in this way: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.  Your kingdom
come. Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our
daily bread.  And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our
debtors.  And do not bring us to the time of trial, but rescue us from the
evil one.  For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father
will also forgive you; but if you do not forgive others, neither will your
Father forgive your trespasses." ~Matthew 6:7-15

Prayer is of many kinds, but of whatever kind, prayer is the linking up of
the soul and mind to God.  So, if prayer is only a glance of faith, a look
or a word of love, or just a feeling of confidence in the goodness and
purpose in the universe, still the result of that prayer is added strength
to meet all temptations and to overcome them. Even if no supplication is
expressed, all the supply of strength that is necessary is secured, because
the soul, being linked and united to God, receives from God all spiritual
help needed.  The soul, when in its human body, still needs the things
belonging to its heavenly habitation.

I pray that I may be taught how to pray.  I pray that I may be linked
through prayer to the mind and will of God.

Martha asks prayer for herself as she looks for part time work. Maureen asks
for prayers for her friend who has just undergone surgery for brain cancer.
Patricia asks prayers for healing of her marriage. Jenna asks prays for her
sister because she is suffering internally causing her to turn to drugs, and
she wants her to come home and that she loves her very much.

Melva asks prayers for her daughter who is pregnant, homeless and having
difficulty with her pregnancy. Tom asks prayers for sale of a house and a
successful interview. Mary Ann and Jerry ask prayers for someone undergoing
chemotherapy.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.