<MP>Wednesday, 31 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:45:24 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

THERE ARE NOW 37 REGISTERED PILGRIMS.
10 MORE SPACES AVAILABLE, UP TO 7 FROM LA CROSSE.
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Stephen of Mar Saba (d. 794)
A "do not disturb" sign helped today's saint find holiness and peace.
Stephen of Mar Saba was the nephew of St. John Damascene, who introduced the
young boy to monastic life beginning at age 10. When he reached 24, Stephen
served the community in a variety of ways, including guest master. After
some time he asked permission to live a hermit's life. The answer from the
abbot was yes and no: Stephen could follow his preferred lifestyle during
the week, but on weekends he was to offer his skills as a counselor. Stephen
placed a note on the door of his cell: "Forgive me, Fathers, in the name of
the Lord, but please do not disturb me except on Saturdays and Sundays."
Despite his calling to prayer and quiet, Stephen displayed uncanny skills
with people and was a valued spiritual guide.

I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my
beard; My face I did not shield from buffets and spitting. ~Isaiah 50:4-9a

When it was evening, he reclined at table with the Twelve. And while they
were eating, he said, "Amen, I say to you, one of you will betray me."
Deeply distressed at this, they began to say to him one after another,
"Surely it is not I, Lord?"
He said in reply, "He who has dipped his hand into the dish with me is the
one who will betray me. ~Matthew 26:14-25

The days approach. There is faithfulness. There is betrayal. We can be ready
for all the emotions of the human heart.  We can get ready to walk with our
Lord Jesus on a road that will lead to betrayal and death, but finally to
our salvation.

I pray that I may strive to follow Jesus.  I pray that I may not abandon
Him, but that I may be ready for a strengthened relationship and the
salvation His sacrifice brings us.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jerry asks prayers for himself, to find a good job soon. Irene asks prayers
for a special intention. Nancy requests healing prayers for her Mother who
is suffering from cancer and additional breathing problems. Dolly asks
prayers for a special intention.

Prayers of thanksgiving for a successful surgery, and for victims of sexual
abuse within the church, that they may heal as well. Valerie and Elizabeth
ask for prayers for someone who was burned over 80 percent of his body.
Becky asks prayers for special intentions. Jan asks prayers for her son who
is to have surgery on Wednesday and also her husband who will be undergoing
tests on Wednesday.

Gary asks prayers for a special intention. Marcella asks for prayers that
her brother would be able to find a job. Pat asks prayers for pregnant
daughter & toddler granddaughter who both need Jesus' merciful healing.
Betty asks for prayers for her husband who has been very depressed lately.
Rachel asks for prayer for her brother with stage 4 cancer.