<MP>Wednesday, 30 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:14:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE ENDS AFTER 10 JULY
      PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:

First Martyrs of the Church of Rome (d. 68)
There were Christians in Rome within a dozen or so years after the death of
Jesus, though they were not the converts of the "Apostle of the Gentiles"
(Romans 15:20). Paul had not yet visited them at the time he wrote his great
letter in a.d. 57-58. There was a large Jewish population in Rome. Probably
as a result of controversy between Jews and Jewish Christians, the Emperor
Claudius expelled all Jews from Rome in 49-50 A.D. Suetonius the historian
says that the expulsion was due to disturbances in the city "caused by the
certain Chrestus" [Christ]. Perhaps many came back after Claudius's death in
54 A.D. Paul's letter was addressed to a Church with members from Jewish and
Gentile backgrounds.

Seek good and not evil, that you may live; Then truly will the LORD, the God
of hosts, be with you as you claim! ~Amos 5:14-15, 21-24

Some distance away a herd of many swine was feeding. The demons pleaded with
him, "If you drive us out, send us into the herd of swine." And he said to
them, "Go then!" They came out and entered the swine, and the whole herd
rushed down the steep bank into the sea where they drowned. ~Matthew 8:28-34

Jesus is stronger than any evil.  He died and rose again to bring us life,
healing, peace and protection from evil. We can commend all evil to our Lord
Jesus Christ and know that the Lord will be with us.  We can seek good and
not evil, that we may live.

I pray that I may always seek good and not evil.  I pray that I may enjoy
the Lord's providence and protection, and that he is stronger than evil, sin
and death.  I pray that I may always know His presence with me to keep me
safe.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A father requests prayers for his daughter who has been wrongfully fired. A
mother asks prayers for her son who has an important job interview on
Wednesday.