<MP>Wednesday, 30 July 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:09:50 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
   10-22 November 2008

   EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS AUGUST 2nd!
   SIGN UP & PAY DEPOSIT BY THEN AND SAVE $100!

   If you live close, there will be an informal
   informational meeting at Saint Pat's tonight
   (Wednesday) at 7 p.m.

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** At least 16 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Peter Chrysologus (406-450?)
A man who vigorously pursues a goal may produce results far beyond his
expectations and his intentions. Thus it was with Peter of the Golden Words,
as he was called, who as a young man became bishop of Ravenna, the capital
of the empire in the West.  For more, follow the link below:

And I will make you toward this people a solid wall of brass. Though they
fight against you, they shall not prevail, For I am with you, to deliver and
rescue you, says the LORD. I will free you from the hand of the wicked, and
rescue you from the grasp of the violent. ~Jeremiah 15:10, 16-21

Jesus said to his disciples: "The Kingdom of heaven is like a treasure
buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes
and sells all that he has and buys that field.  ~Matthew 13:44-46

Sometimes we spin our wheels working for things that are very temporary.
Things go much better for us when we work for the things that last forever.
A treasure in a field or a pearl of great price might be nice for a little
while, but can easily distract us from what is really important. May we seek
all that we need to live good Christian lives according to our calling.

I pray that I may not be distracted by the values of the world and spin my
wheels working for things that don't last.  I pray that I may fulfill God's
call in my life by seeking the wisdom and courage I need to follow that
call.  I pray that when others follow my example, that they may draw closer
to God Himself.