<MP>Wednesday, 30 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:28:34 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Hyacintha of Mariscotti (1585-1640)
Hyacintha accepted God's standards somewhat late in life. Born of a noble
family near Viterbo, she entered a local convent of sisters who followed the
Third Order Rule. However, she supplied herself with enough food, clothing
and other goods to live a very comfortable life amid these sisters pledged
to mortification. For more about Hyacintha, follow the link below:

I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. And if he does
wrong, I will correct him with the rod of men and with human chastisements;
but I will not withdraw my favor from him as I withdrew it from your
predecessor Saul, whom I removed from my presence.  ~2 Samuel 7:4-17

But those sown on rich soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and
bear fruit thirty and sixty and a hundredfold."  ~Mark 4:1-20

We are fortunate to have been the seed sown on good soil.  Even when we move
away and refuse to grow, God is ready for our return and offers a restored
relationship and all the nourisment we need in order to flourish. Even when
we do wrong God will not withdraw His favor from us.

I pray that I may grow strong in the presence of the Lord.  I pray that,
when I fail and sin, I may know that God continues to call me back, and does
not withdraw His favor from me.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site