<MP>Wednesday, 29 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 18:52:44 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Narcissus of Jerusalem (d. 215)
Life in second- and third-century Jerusalem couldn't have been easy, but St.
Narcissus managed to live well beyond 100. Some even speculate he lived to
160. Details of his life are sketchy, but there are many reports of his
miracles. The miracle for which he is most remembered was turning water into
oil for use in the church lamps on Holy Saturday when the deacons had
forgotten to provide any.   For more, follow the link below:

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your
father and mother. This is the first commandment with a promise, that it may
go well with you and that you may have a long life on earth. ~Ephesians
6:1-9

For behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be
last."  ~Luke 13:22-30

Our Scriptures call us to be obedient.  Children are to obey their parents.
All of us are called to obey God. Jesus is the one who saves us.  And some
of the last will be first, and some of the first will be last. We can't
enter through the narrow gate on our own. Through Jesus' death and
resurrection we have salvation. We can trust in the Lord's providence as we
live as His obedient children.

I pray that I may be obedient to God.  I pray that I may know that God can
do for me what I could never do for myself.  I pray that I may trust in the
Lord's providence and salvation, knowing that the first may end up last, and
the last first.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dolly asks prayers for her friend to have a favorable result on October 31st
for her cat scan and for her niece to be able to go back to work soon. Judi
asks prayers for a co-worker who is in intensive care after a motorcycle
crash. Linda asks prayers for herself and her son as she struggles
financially after the death of her husband.

Loretta asks prayers for her two year old grandson's heart surgery Nov. 13.
Judith asks prayers for a special intention. Colleen asks prayers for a
special intention.

Nancy asks prayers for her 7 year old niece - that the doctors can determine
what is causing her severe hypertension. Member fervently asks for prayers
for our Nation during the upcoming election that we will elect a candidate
that does not endorse abortion. Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special
intention.