<MP>Wednesday, 28 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:35:01 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the
mountains shake in the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble with its tumult."  ~Psalm 46:1-3

We cannot see the future.  It's a blessing that we cannot.  It's best that
we not know ahead of time what the future will bring.  That is why God only
reveals it to us day by day.  The first step each day is to lay our will
before God as an offering, ready for God to give us all the best.  We can be
sure that, if we trust God, that what God does for us will be for the best.
The second step is to be confident that God is powerful enough to do
anything God wills, and that no miracle in human lives is impossible for
God.  Then we can leave the future to God.

I pray that I may gladly leave my future in God's hands.  I pray that I may
be confident that good things will happen, as long as I am on the right
path.

Teresa requests prayers for the family of a 3 month old baby who died
suddenly this weekend while being cared for by a younger family member. Lisy
asks for prayer to find a suitable boy for her daughter to get married. A
mom whose daughter has a disability needs loyal and caring friends
throughout high school.

Marilynn requests prayers for her mother who is still in ICU on ventilator.
Connie asks prayers for her 3-year-old niece found this morning in the
swimming pool face down and is in the hospital on life support. Karen asks
for prayer for her mother who is suffering from arthritis and having to take
a lot of pain medication, that she get some relief.

A member requests prayers that he gets good results from his doctor on next
Monday. Deb asks prayers for young couple of an infant son, only 2 days old,
who has life-threatening health problems. George asks prayers for his wife
who is suffering from depression. George asks prayers for his wife who is
suffering from depression.