<MP>Wednesday, 28 July 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:26:51 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Martha
Martha, Mary and their brother Lazarus were evidently close friends of
Jesus. He came to their home simply as a welcomed guest, rather than as one
celebrating the conversion of a sinner like Zacchaeus or one unceremoniously
received by a suspicious Pharisee. The sisters feel free to call on Jesus at
their brother's death, even though a return to Judea at that time seems
almost certain death. No doubt Martha was an active sort of person. On one
occasion (see Luke 10:38-42) she prepares the meal for Jesus and possibly
his fellow guests and forthrightly states the obvious: All hands should
pitch in to help with the dinner.   For more, follow the link below:

As Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the commandments
in his hands, he did not know that the skin of his face had become radiant
while he conversed with the LORD. ~Exodus 34:24-35

Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise." Martha said to him, "I know he
will rise, in the resurrection on the last day." ~John 11:19-27

Martha is busy about many things.  Mary sits at home.  Both are valuable.
Jesus though, says that Mary has chosen the better portion.  When we are
older we often don't have as many activities. to keep us busy.  Still ... we
can choose the better portion.  We can listen.  We can pray.

I pray that I may take the time to be with others, and that I may truly
listen.  I pray that I may set aside time too, to pray.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Susanne asks prayers for her husband who is ill to accept his illness and to
find God in his life through his family. Alvina asks prayers for a special
intention. Kay asks prayer for her workmate's husband of only 3 years who
has pancreatic cancer.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for a 17-year-old girl from our parish
(daughter of a friend) who sustained a head injury in a swimming accident
and is unconscious that God may heal her injuries and she may recover
completely. Kim asks prayers for a special intention. Ann-Marie asks prayers
for her five month old grand-daughter, that the high fever will cease and
tests for meningitis will be negative.

Paulie requests prayers for her sister's family who are in need of
understanding and healing. Greg asks prayers for divine help and guidance in
finding suitable employment to support his wife and five children and to be
able to keep his home after losing his job. Jean requests prayers for her
daughter and granddaughter who have a difficult relationship.

David asks prayers for a special intention. Peter, from NY requests prayer
for his wife who is having pain management treatments after hip replacement
surgery. Daisy Anne asks prayers for a special intention. Mary asks for
prayers for a friend who is undergoing chemo for Stage III lymphoma.

Diane asks prayers for her mother who passed away on Sunday. Jean asks
prayers for a friend who has had a 3rd surgery for a torn retina.