<MP>Wednesday, 28 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:50:09 -0600

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
Join us on this wonderful 04-15 November Pilgrimage!

We have a brochure for our November 2007 Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
Imagine walking where Jesus walked, following the route of the real Stations
of the Cross, visiting the Tomb of Christ and his birthplace as well,
renewing Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, renewing Marriage vows or
praying for a deceased spouse at Cana in Galilee.

We'll stay at only two Hotels this time, the Grand Court in Jerusalem (near
the old City) and the Gai Beach Spa Hotel in Tiberias, right on the Sea of
Galilee.  It's beautiful! As always full breakfast and dinner is included,
along with luggage transfer, admissions, transfers and much more.  Gary says
their Holy Land Guides are the best!

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy Land has been
their most popular destination!  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 0 7

Visit my special Lent page for lots of Lenten resources, including Pope
Benedict XVI's Lenten Message ... and STATIONS OF THE CROSS newly
illustrated by the 4th Graders of Saint Pat's School.  I wrote them for kids
and adults alike, in English and Spanish as well.  Just follow the link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Prepare your minds for action; discipline yourselves; set all your hope on
the grace that Jesus Christ will bring you when he is revealed. Like
obedient children, do not be conformed to the desires that you formerly had
in ignorance.  Instead, as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in
all your conduct; for it is written, 'You shall be holy, for I am holy.'" ~1
Peter 1:13-16

No work is of value without preparation.  Every spiritual work needs to have
behind it much spiritual preparation.  If we cut short times and prayer and
times of spiritual preparation, many hours of work may be profitless.  One
poor tool working all the time, but doing bad work because of lack of
preparation is of small value compared with the sharp, keen, perfect
instrument working for only a short time, but which turns out perfect word
because of long hours of spiritual preparation.

I pray that I may spend more time alone with God.  I pray that I may get
more strength and joy from such times, so that they will add much to my
work.

Dolly asks prayer for herself that her blood test for her thyroid will have
a good result. Pat asks prayers for his son who is going through a difficult
time in his new job. Matt requests prayers for a wonderful friend that she
find her way.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for her husband and herself as we continue to
grief for the loss of their "special" daughter who has entered Heaven with
no stain of sin on her beautiful soul. A member asks prayers for someone who
recently lost her husband to cancer, and is now a single parent to 6 year
old twins with Down syndrome.

Marian asks prayers for her brother who will be taking his teaching
certification examination this Saturday. Elsie asks prayers of Thanksgiving
for a special intention. Pat asks prayers for a special intention. Tom who
is asking for prayers towards a successful second interview and for help to
ease financial burdens. Pat asks prayers for a very holy priest who is
dealing with terrible hip pain.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site