<MP>Wednesday, 27 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 21:50:15 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"I will show you what someone is like who comes to me, hears my words, and
acts on them.  That one is like a man building a house, who dug deeply and
laid the foundation on rock; when a flood arose, the river burst against
that house but could not shake it, because it had been well built."  ~Luke
6:47-48

We can build our lives on the firm foundation of true gratitude to God for
all God's blessings, and true humility because of our unworthiness of these
blessings.  We can build the frame of our lives out of self-discipline.  We
need not let ourselves get selfish or lazy or contented with ourselves.  We
can build the walls of our lives out of service to others, helping them to
find the way to live.  We can build the roof of our lives out of prayer and
quiet times, waiting for God's guidance.  We can build a garden around our
lives out of peace of mind, serenity and a sure faith.

I pray that I may build my life on my faith in God.  I pray that it may be a
good building when my work is finished.

Anna asks prayers for a friend who will find out if her cancer treatment has
worked. Cathy asks prayers for her husband who is having surgery Friday to
remove tumors from his bladder. pray for a good outcome of the biopsies.
Leila is asking prayers for a friend who had surgery and now has a skin
infection that is spreading. Brian requests prayer support that he be freed
from his resentments and holds those he resents up in prayer, including
himself.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm