<MP>Wednesday, 26 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:56:26 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E
Seats will be ticketed on October 4th, next Thursday!
43 are now signed up.  FIVE SEATS REMAIN, and it is possible
for four of those five to fly from Minneapolis.

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 13th. There will be food,
entertainment and fun for people of all ages.  There are also Raffle Tickets
available.  If you live close to us, why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd
like to help us by purchasing some raffle tickets.  You can learn more at:
www.stpatz.com

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

If you enjoy Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family members and
friends. Many seem to enjoy the new format.  Some say that they like to
attend Daily Mass, but cannot always do so.  Morning Prayer keeps them in
touch with the daily Scriptures and Saint of the day. Not all priests preach
on all weekdays. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection and a concrete
way to apply Scriptures to our lives. Clergy too, appreciate the simple
ideas found in both Morning Prayer and This Weekend.  Family members and
friends can learn more by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

" ... mercy came to us from the LORD, our God, who left us a remnant and
gave us a stake in his holy place; thus our God has brightened our eyes and
given us relief in our servitude."  Ezra 9:5-9

"Then they set out and went from village to village proclaiming the good
news and curing diseases everywhere." Luke 9:1-6

Saints Cosmas and Damian (d. 303?)
The only thing we know about these Saints is that they were martyred in the
persecutions of Diocletian. According to legend they were twin brothers and
doctors born in Arabia. They have been venerated in the Eastern Church as
"moneyless ones" since they didn't charge for their services. They certainly
stood out from other people and were arrested and beheaded. Their names were
added to the Canon of the Mass, probably about the sixth century.

Jesus sent out his disciples saying, "Take nothing for the journey, neither
walking stick, nor sac, nor food, nor money ... "  According to their story
Cosmas and Damian were physicians who didn't accept money for the care they
divided.  When externals are stripped away people can see us as people of
faith and love. We are different from those who are attached to worldly
things.

I pray that I may know that my worth does not lie in what I own. I pray that
I can help build God's kingdom by the faithful and loving example I set.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Rosemary asks prayers for her sister who needs help to return to her normal
life. Ann asks prayers for Fr. Pat, that his eye will stop bleeding, and
that he will be healed. Francis asks prayers for the alleviation of leg and
knee pain. Linda asks prayers for a special intention. Charla asks prayers
for single Mom who is having a procedure done to slow down her stage IV
cancer.

Mom asks for prayers for son who has MS. Carol asks prayers for her friend
who has been abused and is tormented by thoughts of suicide. Ray, A member
asks prayers for a special intention. Ruth asks prayers for her salvation
and the family business. Mike requests prayers for the safety of his wife
and unborn baby who will be born this Christmas season.

Mary Anne asks prayers for several people who are serving our country. A
member requests special prayers for a problem experienced for almost 2
decades-that she may be able to have total & complete control on her bladder
and to be able to end the connected fantasying thoughts. Debbie asks prayers
for her father who fell this afternoon (9/24) and got a concussion.