<MP>Wednesday, 26 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 20:04:36 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
The Dollar vs. the Euro -  Good news for travelers ... the Euro is not at
about $1.25 compared with $1.60 on 31 December
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Philip Neri (1515-1595)
Philip Neri was a sign of contradiction, combining popularity with piety
against the background of a corrupt Rome and a disinterested clergy, the
whole post-Renaissance malaise. At an early age, he abandoned the chance to
become a businessman, moved to Rome from Florence and devoted his life and
individuality to God. After three years of philosophy and theology studies,
he gave up any thought of ordination. The next 13 years were spent in a
vocation unusual at the time-that of a layperson actively engaged in prayer
and the apostolate. As the Council of Trent was reforming the Church on a
doctrinal level, Philip's appealing personality was winning him friends from
all levels of society, from beggars to cardinals. He rapidly gathered around
himself a group of laypersons won over by his audacious spirituality.
Initially they met as an informal prayer and discussion group, and also
served poor people in Rome.

For more, follow this link:

"All flesh is like grass, and all its glory like the flower of the field;
the grass withers, and the flower wilts; but the word of the Lord remains
forever." This is the word that has been proclaimed to you. ~1 Peter 1:18-25

Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you will be your servant; whoever
wishes to be first among you will be the slave of all. For the Son of Man
did not come to be served but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for
many." ~Mark 10:32-45

It's tempting to think of ourselves first. Jesus reminds us that to be
great, we must be the servant.  Jesus gave us this example and calls us, as
His disciples, to do the same.

I pray that I may strive to follow in the footsteps of Jesus.  I pray that I
may achieve greatness by serving the needs of others.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Grandma asks prayers for healing of little grand daughter with high fever &
undiagnosed illness. Kathy asks prayers for her nephew who is having a
difficult time with his dad at his new home. Patrick offers a prayer of
thanksgiving to Jesus and the Blessed Mother, for helping secure a good job
after many months of uncertainty. Lillian asks prayers for a special
intention.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse