<MP>Wednesday, 26 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:29:06 -0500 (CDT)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21
November 2008.  The brochure will be available at the Web Site very soon.
$2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. Just follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

Peter said, ?I have neither silver nor gold, but what I do have I give
you: in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazorean, rise and walk.? Then Peter
took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and
ankles grew strong. He leaped up, stood, and walked around, and went into
the temple with them, walking and jumping and praising God.  ~ Acts 3:1-10

So he went in to stay with them.
And it happened that, while he was with them at table,
he took bread, said the blessing,
broke it, and gave it to them.
With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him,
but he vanished from their sight.
Then they said to each other,
?Were not our hearts burning within us
while he spoke to us on the way and opened the Scriptures to us??  ~ Luke
24:13-35

The power of the resurrection is unleashed!  Peter cures in the name of
Jesus the Nazorean. The discipes of Jesus recognize him in the breaking of
the bread and are amazed at how their hearts were burning within them as
he opened the Scriptures to them.  And they continue to learn more!

I pray that I may appreciate the awesome power of Jesus' resurrection ...
and the power available to me.  I pray that I may know Christ better and
better as I absorb the Scriptures and receive Jesus Himself in the MOst
Holy Eucharist.