<MP>Wednesday, 26 August 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:13:50 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Joseph Calasanz (1556-1648)
From Aragon, where he was born in 1556, to Rome, where he died 92 years
later, fortune alternately smiled and frowned on the work of Joseph
Calasanz. A priest with university training in canon law and theology,
respected for his wisdom and administrative expertise, he put aside his
career because he was deeply concerned with the need for education of poor
children.  For more, follow the link below:

And for this reason we too give thanks to God unceasingly, that, in
receiving the word of God from hearing us, you received it not as the word
of men, but as it truly is, the word of God, which is now at work in you who
believe. ~1 Thessalonians 2:9-13

Jesus said, "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites. You are like
whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are
full of dead men's bones and every kind of filth. Even so, on the outside
you appear righteous,
but inside you are filled with hypocrisy and evildoing.  ~Matthew 23:27-32

In today's Gospel Jesus continues to have problems with hypocrisy. He is not
interested in outward appearances, but what we are like on the inside.  Paul
tells the people of Thessalonica that the word they receive is God's word
lived out in them and in their lives.  That's not hypocrisy, but a life of
faith.

I pray that I may not be concerned about outward appearances.  I pray that I
may live Christ's love and walk in His footsteps, that by my example, I may
help others to do the same.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mary asks prayers for a young boy who needs a liver transplant. Ann asks
prayers for a newborn, who is in neonatal ICU on a respirator, and is in
need of a miracle. A mother requests prayers for her son, that he finds the
right treatment center  for help with his drinking problem. Debbie asks for
prayers for her daughter who is going away to college for the first time.

Barbara asks prayers for her son. Anna requests prayers of healing for her
mum who has pneumonia. Pam prays for those who need to clean the inside of
their cup, so that their outside cup is also clean. Matthew 23:23-26 Susan
requests prayers for twin boys born 2+ months premature, one with the cord
wrapped around his neck, both requiring ventilators, and for their parents.