<MP>Wednesday, 25 October 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:41:43 -0500

P I L G R I M A G E    P H O T O S
Fatima, Lourdes & Spain 2006

Visit my Web Site for some great pictures from our recent Pilgrimage to
Fatima, Lourdes and Spain. You might want to sign up for the information
e-mail list for the Holy Land 2007 as well.  Just follow the link from:

       www.frpat.com

N O V E M B E R
We pray for those who have died.

Visit our special November Pages for All Saints Day, All Souls Day and the
Mexican Day of the Dead.  Read about the Catholic view of Cremation. Read
about some of the dangers of the Occult and follow the link to read about
how Halloween can be redeemed!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your
soul, and with all your mind.'  This is the greatest and first commandment.
And a second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'  On
these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."  ~Matthew
22:37-40

We can work at overcoming ourselves, our selfish desires and our
self-centeredness.  This can never be fully accomplished.  We can never
become entirely unselfish.  But we can come to realize that we are not at
the center of the universe and that everything does not revolve around us at
the center.  I am only one cell in a vast network of human cells.  I can at
least make the effort to conquer the self-life and seek daily to obtain more
and more of this self-conquest.  "The one who overcomes himself is greater
than the one who conquers a city."

I pray that I may strive to overcome my selfishness.  I pray that I may
achieve the right perspective of my position in the world.

Tasha asks prayers for her implementation of her newly founded business.
Jennifer asks prayers for a special intention. Member Sandy is requesting
prayers for her mother who is having knee surgery today.

Patrick  asks prayers for himself as his company is going through
organizational change and political turmoil. PJ asks prayers for his father
who will undergo radiation for prostate cancer today. For a mother and
father who have 10 children, all under the age of 18, that God will guide
them as the husband wants a divorce.

Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. Beverly asks prayers for a
special intention. Jean asked prayers for her neighbor that her test results
not be cancer. Terry requests prayers for her son who is having punch
biopsies on Wednesday, that they are benign. Tommy asks prayers for a
special intention. Linda asks prayers for 5 men who will be ordained for the
Diocese of Venice, Florida - 3 to the Priesthood and 2 to the Permanent
Diaconate and for all those traveling to the Ordination.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm