<MP>Wednesday, 25 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:04:08 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

Annunciation of the Lord
The feast of the Annunciation goes back to the fourth or fifth century. Its
central focus is the Incarnation: God has become one of us. From all
eternity God had decided that the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity
should become human. Now, as Luke 1:26-38 tells us, the decision is being
realized. The God-Man embraces all humanity, indeed all creation, to bring
it to God in one great act of love. Because human beings have rejected God,
Jesus will accept a life of suffering and an agonizing death: "No one has
greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends" (John
15:13).  For more, follow the link below:

Therefore the Lord himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall be with
child, and bear a son, and shall name him Emmanuel, which means "God is with
us!" ~Isaiah 7:10-14, 8:10

But Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I have no relations with
a man?" And the angel said to her in reply,
"The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will
overshadow you. Therefore the child to be born
will be called holy, the Son of God. ~Luke 1:26-38

As we observe the Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord we hear of the
angel Gabriel appearing to Mary with the mission to be the mother of Jesus,
the Son of God. Mary couldn't have had an idea of how difficult this would
be.  Still, she was always to say "Yes" to God.  Mary said, "Behold, I am
the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word." Then
the angel departed from her.

I pray that I may be open to hearing the Lord's call and doing His will,
whatever that may be for me.  I pray that I may echo Mary's words, "Behold,
I am the handmaid of the Lord.  May it be done to me according to your
word."

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Fred asks prayers for a special intention. Nancy from PA offers prayers of
Thanksgiving, especially to St. Jude, for her son who will not lose his job
at the end of this week as he was scheduled to do and for the birth of his
first child, a son, on St. Patrick's Day. A member requests prayers for
three special intentions.

Helen-Ann asks for skill in studying and preparing for Nursing Examinations
and to be successful in obtaining her nursing license from the Nursing
Council of Jamaica for exam on April 1, 2009. Judi asks prayers for a
special intention. Rena asks for prayers for her daughter who is a single
parent and having difficulty dealing with grandson's bad behavior in high
school.

Rosaline asks prayers for a special intention. Tina asks prayers for safe
travel for her family and a positive outcome for her husband's work
situation. Melva requests prayers for her mother who is having major
surgery, for God to guide the doctors, nurses and other hospital staff and
for a successful outcome. Rosemarie asks for prayers for her husband who has
been diagnosed with clots in his lungs, and the possibility of prostate
cancer.

Joyce asks for prayers for her daughter who is going for chemo  and a good
cancer free blood test results. Justine requests prayers for her next door
neighbor who is suffering from a rare blood disease. Kris asks prayers for
her brother who was just diagnosed with cancer and has alcohol problems as
well.

Shannon requests prayers for special intentions. Judy asks prayers for a
special intention. Sandy asks for prayers for her daughter to find the job
God sees is right for her and a blessed wedding.