<MP>Wednesday, 25 April 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:49:35 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"But I say to you that listen, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate
you,  bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. If anyone
strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also; and from anyone who takes
away your coat do not withhold even your shirt.  Give to everyone who begs
from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do not ask for them again. Do
to others as you would have them do to you."  ~Luke 6:27-31

We can try saying: "God bless him (or her)" of anyone who is in disharmony
with us.  We may also say it of those who are in trouble through their own
fault.  We can say it, willing that showers of blessings may fall upon them.
We can let God do the blessing.  We can leave to God any necessary
correction or discipline.  We can desire only blessing for them.  We can
leave God's work to God.  We can occupy ourselves with the tasks that God
gives us to do.  God's blessing can also break down all our own difficulties
and build up all our successes.

I pray that I may use God's goodness so that it will be a blessing to
others.  I pray that I may accept God's blessing so that I will have
harmony, beauty, joy and happiness.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.