<MP>Wednesday, 24 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:45:29 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

H O L Y    L A N D    P I L G R I M A G E
Two Seats now available!

Were you interested in the Holy Land Pilgrimage, but moved too slowly.  Has
your situation changed. Gary e-mailed me today to let me know he now has two
more seats for the 04-16 November Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.  Call
Pentecost Tours if you're interested:  800 713-9800.  The Brochure is
available at my Web Site:  www.frpat.com

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R   I N T E N T I O N S
We'll pray for your Intentions in the Holy Land!

We'll be happy to take your prayer intentions with us to the Holy Land and
pray for you and your intentions at our daily Masses and at the many
Churches and Holy Site's we'll visit.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com to send your Intention with us!

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Anthony Claret (1807-1870)
Anthony was born in Salient, Spain in 1807.  After being ordained a priest
he traveled many years preaching to the people of Catalonia. He founded a
society of missionaries, was named a bishop in Cuba, returned to Spain and
continued to work for the Church.

"Do not present the parts of your bodies to sin as weapons for wickedness,
but present yourselves to God as raised from the dead to life and the parts
of your bodies to God as weapons for righteousness."  ~ Romans 6:12-18

"Much will be required of the person entrusted with much, and still more
will be demanded of the person entrusted with more."  ~ Luke 12 39-48

It is easy for us to see our own human weakness. When we see ourselves as
primarily bad, we deny the power and grace God offers us.  He has filled us
with good things.  We can use those gifts to bring about good. And "freed
from sin, you have become slaves of righteousness."

I pray that I can appreciate the many gifts God has entrusted to me.  I pray
that I may reject sin as I embrace the grace God offers me.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site