<MP>Wednesday, 24 May 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 16:41:23 -0500

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
Thirty are now signed up!

Remember, to go on the trip you need to register with and pay your deposit
to Pentecost Tours. For complete details, including the trip brochure,
sign-up form links to hotels, map of the trip, mileage chart and more, just
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

P E N T E C O S T    N O V E N A
A novena is made up of nine days of prayers for a special cause.  The Novena
in honor of the Holy Spirit is the most ancient of all Novenas.  It was the
first one ever prayed.  It recalls the period of nine days where Jesus sent
his apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit at
Pentecost. This wonderful Novena is addressed to the Holy Spirit and can be
a powerful way for us to prepare to receive the light, strength and courage
we need.

So, let's pray this wonderful Novena, beginning on the Friday after
Ascension Thursday, this year on the 26th of May, even when, like this year
in the United States, the celebration of Holy Thursday is transferred to the
next Sunday.  Come Holy Spirit, Come!

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

D A    V I N C I    C O D E    D E B U N K E D
Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Lord, send out your spirit, and renew the face of the earth!"  Psalm
response for Pentecost

It is good for me to help others all I can.  Every troubled soul that God
puts in my path is the one for me to help.  As I sincerely try to help, a
supply of strength will flow into me from God.  My circle of helpfulness can
widen more and more.  God hands out the spiritual food to me and I pass it
on to others.  I need never say that I have only enough strength for my own
need.  The more I give away, the more I will keep.  That which I keep to
myself, I will lose in the end.

I pray that I may have a sincere willingness to give.  I pray that I may not
hold back the strength I have received for myself alone.

I pray that I may choose the right.  I pray that I may have God's blessing
and direction in all my efforts for good.

Michael from Ireland asks for your prayers for his mother who is back in
hospital and is not thriving due to acute anxiety. A mother asks prayers for
her daughter who is having problems with her marriage.  Barbara asks prayers
that a couple not give up during this most difficult time. Sheila asks
prayers of thanksgiving for a successful kidney transplant last week with
both donor and recipient doing very well. Karen asks prayers for two special
intentions.