<MP>Wednesday, 24 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:33:06 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We ran out of Air Tickets from LA CROSSE.  Gary, of Pentecost Tours, and I
decided to try to procure more La Crosse tickets, expecting that there would
be an additional cost of $350-$500. We hit a lucky moment, and were able to
get TEN ADDITIONAL LA CROSSE TICKETS AT THE SAME PRICE.
THERE ARE NOW 33 REGISTERED PILGRIMS. OUR ABSOLUTE LIMIT IS 50.
Remember though, that the first to register get those tickets!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Catherine of Genoa (1447-1510)
Going to confession one day was the turning point of Catherine's life. When
Catherine was born, many Italian nobles were supporting Renaissance artists
and writers. The needs of the poor and the sick were often overshadowed by a
hunger for luxury and self-indulgence. Catherine's parents were members of
the nobility in Genoa. At 13 she attempted to become a nun but failed
because of her age. At 16 she married Julian, a nobleman who turned out to
be selfish and unfaithful. For a while she tried to numb her disappointment
by a life of selfish pleasure. One day in confession she had a new sense of
her own sins and how much God loved her. She reformed her life and gave good
example to Julian, who soon turned from his self-centered life of
distraction.   Julian's spending, however, had ruined them financially. He
and Catherine decided to live in the Pammatone, a large hospital in Genoa,
and to dedicate themselves to works of charity there. After Julian's death
in 1497, Catherine took over management of the hospital.

Nebuchadnezzar rose in haste and asked his nobles, "Did we not cast three
men bound into the fire?" "Assuredly, O king," they answered. "But," he
replied, "I see four men unfettered and unhurt, walking in the fire, and the
fourth looks like a son of God."  ~Daniel 3:14-20, 91-92, 95

So they said to him, "We were not born of fornication. We have one Father,
God." Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I
came from God and am here; I did not come on my own, but he sent me." ~John
8:31-42

Faith is fearlessness.  The three young men in our First Reading were
fearless, and trusted in God's providence. Jesus calls his followers to
fearlessness as well, responding to His call out of love for Him.

I pray that I may be fearless.  I pray that I may respond to Jesus call in
my life, out of love for Him.