<MP>Wednesday, 23 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:09:30 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
WE HAVE PASSED OUR GOAL OF 36 TRAVELERS.

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1926.
All but 4 seats must be surrendered to the airlines after August 27th.

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you will be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can keep
track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I
do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I
press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ
Jesus."  Philippians 3:13-14

We can keep in mind the goal we are striving for, the good life we are
trying to attain.  We need not let little things divert us from the path. We
need not be overcome by the small trials and vexations of each day.  We can
try to see the purpose and plan to which all is leading.  If, when climbing
a mountain, we keep our eyes on each stony or difficult place, how weary is
our climb.  But if we think of each step as leading to the summit of
achievement from which a glorious landscape will open out before us, then
our climb can be endurable and we can achieve our goal.

I pray that I may realize that life without a goal if futile.  I pray that I
may find the good life worth striving for.

Rosemary asks prayers for herself and her husband who are having medical
difficulties.