<MP>Wednesday, 23 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:52:49 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I
do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I
press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ
Jesus."  Philippians 3:13-14

We can keep in mind the goal we are striving for, the good life we are
trying to attain.  We need not let little things divert us from the path. We
need not be overcome by the small trials and vexations of each day.  We can
try to see the purpose and plan to which all is leading.  If, when climbing
a mountain, we keep our eyes on each stony or difficult place, how weary is
our climb.  But if we think of each step as leading to the summit of
achievement from which a glorious landscape will open out before us, then
our climb can be endurable and we can achieve our goal.

I pray that I may realize that life without a goal if futile.  I pray that I
may find the good life worth striving for.

Mary Ann asks prayers for her  husband who is undergoing many cardiac
diagnostic procedures. Bev asks for prayers that her daughter will choose
the right path and will understand that her parents have her best interest
at heart. A member requests prayers for his daughter who is having severe
emotional and employment problems. Pat asks for a friend who is recovering
from a stroke that gets well soon and for another friend who has dementia
that she will be taken care and be happy.