<MP>Wednesday, 22 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 22:26:43 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Peter of Alcantara (1499-1562)
Peter was a contemporary of well-known 16th-century Spanish saints,
including Ignatius of Loyola and John of the Cross. He served as confessor
to St. Teresa of Avila. Church reform was a major issue in Peter's day, and
he directed most of his energies toward that end. His death came one year
before the Council of Trent ended.  For more, follow the link below:

To me, the very least of all the holy ones, this grace was given, to preach
to the Gentiles the inscrutable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for
all what is the plan of the mystery hidden from ages past in God who created
all things,
so that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the
Church to the principalities and authorities in the heavens. ~Ephesians
3:2-12

And the Lord replied, "Who, then, is the faithful and prudent steward whom
the master will put in charge of his servants to distribute the food
allowance at the proper time? Blessed is that servant whom his master on
arrival finds doing so. Truly, I say to you, he will put him in charge of
all his property. ~Luke 12:39-48

The good news of the Lord's grace and providence is meant to be spread
throughout the world.  This was the mission of Paul and his companions, and
it is our mission today.  The Lord calls to us be faithful and prudent
stewards, revealing the Lord's generosity and love and timely ways.  Though
our work the kingdom is made known and continues to grow.  May our work be
blessed!

I pray that I may help others appreciate the Lords' grace and providence.  I
pray that I may be a faithful and prudent steward, that God's kingdom may
continue to grow partly through my work.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Fran asks prayers for a special intention. Jo requests prayers for a special
intention for her son. Jill asks prayers for herself to find God's will for
her. Karen asks for prayers for her brother in law who is having chronic
back and leg pain, that the pain ease soon. Joanne asks for prayers for her
Mom who is ill with dementia in a nursing home and has just been told her
husband has passed away.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for her niece-in-law and her family as they
mourn the deaths of her aunt and uncle who died two weeks apart that God may
give them strength in their grief. Maureen asks prayers for someone who has
died and for the family in mourning. Tina asks prayers for three special
intentions. Alvina asks prayers for a special intention.

Member fervently asks for prayers for our Nation during the upcoming
election that we will elect a candidate that does not endorse abortion.
Joyce asks for prayers for her daughter undergoing chemo, her mom who just
got out of the hospital and my son and husband and myself who are all
struggling. Jerene asks for prayers for my family who is in the middle of
lot of uncertainties.