<MP>Wednesday, 22 November 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:59:44 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes!

2006 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2007  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!

       www.stpatz.com

T H A N K S G I V I N G    P A G E

Be sure to visit our Thanksgiving Page.  You'll find our Thanksgiving Day
card to you, along with:

   *Thanksgiving Stories by Garrison Keillor and Louisa Mae Alcott
   * The History and Myths of Thanksgiving
   *Lots of Thanksgiving Recipes, including some from my Cook Book!
   *Thanksgiving coloring sheets, games, graphics, songs and much more.
   *The Thanksgiving Proclamation
   *Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes!
   *Thanksgiving Paper Chains
   *Send a Thanksgiving Card

Use the easy online referral system to recommend this special page to family
members and friends!

Just follow the banner link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I
am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal."  ~1 Corinthians 13:1

"If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I
am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal."  Love means to care enough about
other people to really want to do something for them.  A smile, a word of
encouragement, a word of love, goes winged on its way, simple though it may
seem, while the mighty words of an orator can fall on deaf ears.  We can use
up the odd moments of our day in trying to do some little thing to cheer up
another person.  Boredom can come from thinking too much about ourselves.

I pray that my day may be brightened by some little act of charity.  I pray
that I may try today to overcome the self-centeredness that can bore me.

A member requests prayers for her sister who is consumed by bitterness,
hatred and jealousy that she may get the psychiatric help she needs and stop
being malicious. Doroth asks prayers that her prayers of Thanksgiving...that
our 90 year old Mother, grandmother, had a peaceful death, and that her son
came home safely after his second year of serving in Iraq, and that now he
is successful with his schooling beginning in January.

Karen asks prayers for her family that their house sells as quickly as
possible. PJ and Julie requests prayers that their unborn child may be born
at term and be healthy. Holly asks prayers for a friend who is having
complications with her pregnancy.

A member asks prayers for a coworker who has been diagnosed with aggressive
cancer, and for his family. Lawrence and Mandy request for good test results
expected in 3 weeks' time that the baby they are expecting does not have
Downs Syndrome. Kate asks prayers for her boyfriend, that he will turn to
God for answers.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm