<MP>Wednesday, 22 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:00:59 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
WE HAVE PASSED OUR GOAL OF 36 TRAVELERS.

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1926.
All but 4 seats must be surrendered to the airlines after August 27th.

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you will be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can keep
track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

Jesus straightened up and said to her (the woman caught in adultery),
"Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"  She said, "No one, sir."
And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do
not sin again."  ~John 8:10-11

We can make use of our mistakes, failures, losses, and sufferings.  It is
not what happens to us so much as what use we make of it.  We can take our
sufferings, difficulties and hardships and make use of them to help some
unfortunate soul who is faced with the same troubles. Then something good
can come out of our suffering and the world can become a better place
because of it.  The good we do each day can live on, after the trouble and
distress have gone, after the difficulty and the pain have passed away.

I pray that I may make good use of my mistakes and failures.  I pray that
some good may result from my painful experiences.

Cynthia asks prayers for her husband who is beginning a new cancer drug.
Katie asked for prayers for her premature baby boy. Vicki requests prayers
that her friend will get  stronger physically, mentally and spiritually.
Susie asks prayers for her husband who is having a difficult time coping
with his job. A member asks for prayers of healing for her cousin who is
having difficulties after quadruple bypass surgery.

Patricia asks prayers that the property deals the Lord has brought our way
will materialize speedily and we will soon be able to meet all our financial
obligations. Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. Amy &Erin asks
prayers for a 3-year-old girl who will be having Open Heart Surgery.