<MP>Wednesday, 21 November 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:44:12 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Feast of the Presentation of Mary

Mary's presentation was celebrated in Jerusalem in the sixth century. A
church was built there in honor of this mystery. The Eastern Church was more
interested in the feast, but it does appear in the West in the 11th century.
Although the feast at times disappeared from the calendar, in the 16th
century it became a feast of the universal Church. For more, click the link
below:

"Do not be afraid of this executioner, but be worthy of your brothers and
accept death, so that in the time of mercy I may receive you again with
them."  ~2 Macabees 7:1, 20-31

And to those standing by he said, 'Take the gold coin from him and give it
to the servant who has ten.' But they said to him, 'Sir, he has ten gold
coins.' He replied, 'I tell you, to everyone who has, more will be given,
but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.'  ~Luke
19:11-28

Those who can harm the body cannot harm the soul.  We can seek the courage
we need in order to live by our convictions and set a good example for
others.  What we have can be multiplied when we can be trusted with little
matters, follow God's way and put these gifts to good use.

I pray that I can live a courageous life, doing right now matter what the
consequences, and set a good example for others.  I pray that I can be
faithful in little matters, so I can be trusted with larger ones.