<MP>Wednesday, 21 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:07:30 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   Due to an American Airlines Schedule change we've added a day to the
Pilgrimage, so now it's 13 days!
   Only a $50 Price increase from Chicago or JFK in New York ($2749) before
02 August
   La Crosse price stays the same ($2899) before 02 August
   *** 9 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   It may be possible to get more seats from La Crosse, but price would have
to be negotiated.
   Now flying from JFK in New York as well, for our East Coast and Canadian
members
   Remember, it has been taking up to 3 months to get a passport
   More interest has been shown in this trip than any other ... we've been
registering people almost daily

We?ll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008. A NEW BROCHURE is available now, since it was necessary to add a day
to the itinerary due to a schedule change at American Airlines.  We'll add
some free time at Sorrento and spend another night there.  We'll have the
chance to visit Monte Cassino (St. Benedict) too, and will be able to enjoy
a free day in Rome.  There will be one more dinner on our own ... but the
price change is negligible ... just $50 more from Chicago and now from JFK
in New York and no change at all from La Crosse (benefiting from a $50
priced reduction in the flight from La Crosse and Chicago. So, it's  $2749
from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The NEW BROCHURE is
available on-line right now.  Please destroy any old brochures.  The NEW
BROCHURE has a photo of Sister Joselda and I on the cover, so you can keep
them separate.  For Saint Patrick Onalaska parishioners wee should have
printed brochures available in Church this weekend.  Just follow the link
from: www.frpat.com __________________________________________________

St. Cristóbal Magallanes and Companions (d. 1915-1928)
Like Blessed Miguel Agustín Pro, S.J., Cristóbal and his 24 companion
martyrs lived under a very anti-Catholic government in Mexico, one
determined to weaken the Catholic faith of its people. Churches, schools and
seminaries were closed; foreign clergy were expelled. Cristóbal established
a clandestine seminary at Totatiche, Jalisco. Magallanes and the other
priests were forced to minister secretly to Catholics during the presidency
of Plutarco Calles (1924-28). For more, click the link below:

You are a puff of smoke that appears briefly and then disappears. Instead
you should say, ?If the Lord wills it, we shall live to do this or that.?
But now you are boasting in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So
for one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, it is a sin.
~James 4:13-17

Jesus replied, ?Do not prevent him. There is no one who performs a mighty
deed in my name who can at the same time speak ill of me. For whoever is not
against us is for us.? ~Mark 9:38-40

Each day we have 24 hours.  We can occupy focusing on ourselves, or on doing
good for others. All we know we have is this day. As we hear in our First
Reading, "So for one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, it
is a sin." And Jesus reminds his disciples not to be judgmental ... but to
know that whoever is not against them is with them. We can choose this day
to be with the Lord and accept challenges to do good for others, all in the
Lord's name!

I pray that I may realize the shortness of my life and the fact that I have
only these twenty-four hours.  I pray that I may live these twenty four
hours not for myself, but for the Lord.  I pray that I may see and accept
opportunities this day to do good things for others, all in the Lord's name.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

For the healing of Father Pat's back problem and accompanying muscle spasms.