<MP>Wednesday, 21 February 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:47:37 -0600

L E N T    A T    F A T H E R   P A T ' S    P L A C E

My Lent page is up and running. You'll find materials on Reconciliation, an
Examination of Conscience and even a Credit Card to Heaven.  Lenten
regulations are there too, along with a complete schedule of Services and
Activities.  Be sure to visit our ON-LINE STATIONS OF THE CROSS.  I've
written them for children and adults alike.  They've been newly illustrated
this year by the 4th Graders at our own Saint Patrick's School and are
available in English and Spanish as well.  If you have a Web Site, why not
include one of my banners and link from your site to mine?

Just follow the link from:

       www.frpat.com

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7

The brochure is almost ready and should be up and running on my Web Site
today!  Join us for this 04-15 November once-in-a-lifetime Pilgrimage!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Jesus said to them, 'Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and
rest a while.' For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even
to eat."  ~Mark 6:31

It's good if I am more afraid of spirit-unrest, of soul-disturbance, of any
ruffling of the mind, than of earthquake or fire.  When I feel the calm of
my spirit has been broken by emotional upset, then I can steal away alone
with God, until my heart sings and all is strong and calm again.  Uncalm
times are the only times when evil finds easy entrance. I can beware of
unguarded spots of unrest.  I can try to keep calm, no matter what turmoil
surrounds me.

I pray that no emotional upsets will hinder God's power in my life.  I pray
that I may keep a calm spirit and a steady heart.

Lynne asks prayers of praise for answered prayers. Dolly asks prayer for
herself who is going to have a thyroid biopsy on February 26th at 10:00 AM,
please pray that everything will turn out okay. A member requests prayers
for a 9 year old who has a brain tumor that she will have good days and to
give her and  her family and friends strength.

Leslie requests prayers for all the faithful, that we may have a fruitful
Lenten journey. Cindy asks prayers for her brother in the hospital with a
very bad heart. Frieda asks prayers for her niece while her husband is away
on business. Bill asks prayers for his sister who is in the hospital after a
fall.

Rose asks prayers for a special intention. Pat asks prayers for his son who
is starting a new job, that he may successfully complete the probationary
period. Cathy requests prayer for her children and nieces and nephews that
they may return to the Church. Lisa requests prayers for her mother who is
recovering from pneumonia.