<MP>Wednesday, 20 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:34:52 -0500

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield; he bestows favor and honor. No good
thing does the LORD withhold from those who walk uprightly." ~Psalm 84:11

God is good.  We can often tell whether or not a thing is of God.  If it is
of God, it must be good.  Honesty, purity, unselfishness, and love are all
good.  Unselfish helpfulness is good, and these things all lead to the
abundant life.  We can leave in God's hands the present and the future,
knowing that only God is good.   God can bring order out of chaos, good out
of evil, and peace out of turmoil.  We can believe that everything really
good comes from God and that God shares God's goodness with us.

I pray that I may reach out for the good.  I pray that I may try to choose
the best in life.

Jeanie asks prayers for her daughter who is having great difficulties
mentally and physically thus making bad choices for herself. Connie asks
prayers for her mother who is having surgery on her face tomorrow. Therese
asks for prayers for a special intention for her family.

Nancy asks prayers for a safe medical procedure with good results. A member
asks for prayers for safe travel during the next month. Agnes asks prayers
for protection and guidance for her daughter and granddaughter.

Brian requests prayer support for his friend who was diagnosed with cancer.
Martha asks prayer for herself as she recently began a new nursing job.
Miriam requests prayers for her mother-in-law who is in serious condition
and needs peace in her heart. Kathy requests prayers for a family in her
school community whose nine year old son/brother died from the effects of a
brain tumor.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm