<MP>Wednesday, 20 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:36:06 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Jacinta and Francisco Marto (1910-1920; 1908-1919)
Between May 13 and October 13, 1917, three children, Portuguese shepherds
from Aljustrel, received apparitions of Our Lady at Cova da Iria, near
Fatima, a city 110 miles north of Lisbon. For more, click the link below:

Heed me, O LORD, and listen to what my adversaries say. Must good be repaid
with evil that they should dig a pit to take my life?  ~ Jeremiah 18:18-20

Whoever wishes to be great among you shall be your servant; whoever wishes
to be first among you shall be your slave.  ~ Matthew 20:17-28

There are many who delight in chipping away at the reputations of others in
an attempt to make them seem better.  These same people often strive for
privilege, the best seat and more.  Jesus says though, "Whoever wishes to be
great among you shall be your servant; whoever wishes to be first among you
shall be your slave."

I pray that I may not act or speak against any other person.  I pray that I
may live simply and humbly, serving the needs of those around me.  This is
Jesus call.  This is what can lead me to greatness in the eyes of those
around me, and in the eyes of God.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Ann asks prayers for her cousin in Milwaukee, who is dealing with the death
of his eldest brother in New York. Murray requests supportive prayers that
she passes her certification examination this coming week end. Joselda, a
member requests prayers for herself who was diagnosed with diabetes.

Marie requests prayers that the muscle pain in her groin will be relieved so
that she will be able to walk normally again. Debbie asks for continued
prayers for her Aunt who has inoperable brain cancer that with God's help
the cancer will stop from spreading. Jane asks prayers for her daughter who
is facing a custody battle. A member requests prayer for herself and a
friend, who desire but are scared to begin a romantic relationship with each
other.

Val who is a diabetic and 32 weeks pregnant requests prayers for herself and
her baby so that she has a successful C-section that heals well and that her
baby may be born in perfect health.  Cherie requesting prayer's that her
Hysterectomy will go good and that her recovery will go fast. A wife
requests prayers for her husband so he can find a part time job.