<MP>Wednesday, 20 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:16:59 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes - Time is running out!

2007 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2007.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!

       www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; for fear has to
do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love. We
love because he first loved us."  ~John 4:18-19

We can avoid fear as we would a plague.  Fear, even the smallest fear, is a
hacking at the cords of faith that bind us to God.  However small the
fraying, in time those cords can wear thin, and then one disappointment or
shock can make them snap.  But for the little fears, the cords of faith
could have held firm.  We can avoid depression, which is allied to fear.  We
can turn to God and receive God's care and protection.

I pray that I may have such trust in God today that I will not fear anything
too greatly.  I pray that I may have assurance that God will take care of me
in the long run.

Bee asks prayers that her husband can receive a medical release from his
doctor so that he can return to work soon. Ivy asks prayers for a special
intention. Member asks prayer for young grandson diagnosed with child onset
schizophrenia and great grama who broke hip today.

Jim requests prayers for someone who has brain cancer and may be dying, and
for his family. Frieda asks prayers for someone who needs help in school. A
member requests prayers for her brother-in-law who is having a 3-4 hour
operation to repair a hernia and displaced stomach. A member requests
prayers for herself to be willing to let go of an addictive relationship and
hand it over to God.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm