<MP>Wednesday, 19 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:24:01 -0500 (CDT)

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.

R E T U R N I N G    T O D A Y

I'm returning from Boston today.  Thanks so much for your precious prayers
on my behalf.  Know that you and your intentions have been very much in
mine as well.  So, continue prayers for safe travel.  It will be
*wonderful* to be home again!

N E W    F O R M A T
What do you think?

Many of you have responded favorably to the new format of Morning Prayer,
following the Scriptures of the Mass for the day, including a bit about
the major Saints as well.  What do you think?  Shall we continue with this
format, go back to the old one, or alternate from time to time?

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

From Today's Mass . . .

"Beloved: I am writing you, although I hope to visit you soon.  But if I
should be delayed, you should know how to behave in th ehouseheold of God,
which is th eChurch of the living God, the pillar and foundation of truth.

~First Letter of Saint Paul to Timothy 33:14-16

Jesus said to the crowds: "To what shall I compare the people of this
generation?  What are they like?  They are like children who sit in the
marketplace and call to one another, 'We played the flute for you, but you
did not dance. We sang a dirge, but you did not weep.'"

~Luke 7:31-35

S T .    J A N U A R I U S

Januarius was bishop of Beneveto.  He was martyred along with his
companions during the Diocletian persecution.  He is especiall venerated
in the city of Naples where he died.

We can be eaily distracted from God's call in our lives.  We can easily
look for the flaws of others and taunt them like children at play. Paul
says that we know how to behave in the household of God.  Indeed we do.
Paul and his friends put themselves on the line as examples of right
living.  We can do the same when we move away from distractions and
connect ourselves even more surely with God and respond to His call in our
lives.

I pray that I may not be distracted by what others are not doing.  I pray
that I can set the example of right living by following the call of God.
I pray that my family mebers, friends and those I love may find in me an
example that will bring them closer to God.