<MP>Wednesday, 19 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 19:36:25 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Theophilus of Corte (1676-1740)
If we expect saints to do marvelous things continually and to leave us many
memorable quotes, we are bound to be disappointed with St. Theophilus. The
mystery of God's grace in a person's life, however, has a beauty all its
own.
Theophilus was born in Corsica of rich and noble parents. As a young man he
entered the Franciscans and soon showed his love for solitude and prayer.
After admirably completing his studies, he was ordained and assigned to a
retreat house near Subiaco. Inspired by the austere life of the Franciscans
there, he founded other such houses in Corsica and Tuscany. Over the years,
he became famous for his preaching as well as his missionary efforts. Though
he was always somewhat sickly, Theophilus generously served the needs of
God's people in the confessional, in the sickroom and at the graveside. Worn
out by his labors, he died on June 17, 1740. He was canonized in 1930.

When he had finished speaking he knelt down and prayed with them all. They
were all weeping loudly as they threw their arms around Paul and kissed him,
for they were deeply distressed that he had said that they would never see
his face again. Then they escorted him to the ship. ~Acts 20:28-38

They do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world.
Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth. As you sent me into the
world, so I sent them into the world. And I consecrate myself for them,
so that they also may be consecrated in truth." ~John 17:11b-19

Jesus has ascended into Heaven to be with the Father.  He continues his
concern for the people left on earth,, asks that the Father consecrate them
in truth - His word ... and He consecrates Himself for them, so that they
also may be consecrated in truth.

I pray that I may take my place as one of Jesus' disciples.  I pray that I
may be consecrated in truth!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Michelle asks prayers as she deals with three kids with chicken pox and
upcoming performances. Bill requests prayers of Thanksgiving for petitions
answered these past few weeks. Judy request prayers for all her co-workers
that come against her in the work place and want her removed.

Thelma request prayers for a severely sick new born girl in Dublin who has
not long to live, and for her parents. Linda asks prayers for her son who
has left the church. Jacinta asks prayers for a special intention.

Please pray for someone who was seriously injured in a vehicle accident
today, 5/17/10. A member requests prayers for son that is in danger of
losing his job. Maryann asks prayers for a special intention.