<MP>Wednesday, 19 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:45:19 -0500 (CDT)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21
November. $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. Just
follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Saints are not celebrated during Holy Week.  Click the link below for the
Saint who would be celebrated to day if it were not Holy Week.

I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my
beard; My face I did not shield from buffets and spitting. ~ Isaiah
50:4-9a

Then Judas, his betrayer, said in reply, ?Surely it is not I, Rabbi?? He
answered, ?You have said so.? ~ Matthew 26:14-25

Jesus shows the ultimate in humility as we follow in his footsteps this
Holy Week. He didn't defend himself.  He knew how things would play out.
He was sure he'd make it through and would not be alone.

I pray that I may walk humbly with Jesus this Holy Week.  I pray that I
may not be so defensive in my own life.  I pray that I know that God calls
me to live this humble and trusting life.  I pray that I may know that I
will never be alone.