<MP>Wednesday, 19 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:27:55 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Pope Urban V (1310-1370)
In 1362, the man elected pope declined the office. When the cardinals could
not find another person among them for that important office, they turned to
a relative stranger: the holy person we honor today. For more, click the
link below:

The woman bore a son and named him Samson. The boy grew up and the LORD
blessed him; the Spirit of the LORD stirred him.  ~Judges 13:2-7, 22-24a

After this time his wife Elizabeth conceived, and she went into seclusion
for five months, saying, "So has the Lord done for me at a time when he has
seen fit to take away my disgrace before others." ~Luke 1:5-25

God can provide for us beyond our wildest dreams.  In today's Gospel the
elderly Elizabeth and Zechariah are promised a child.  With them we can sing
to the Lord's glory as we await the coming of His Son!

I pray that I may never give up.  I pray that I may realize that God can do
for me what I could never do by myself.  I pray that I may be open to the
wonders God works in my life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Bettye requests prayers for her daughter's complete recovery from surgery so
that she can return to her home in Italy on Dec. 29. Susan requests prayers
for the Christ Renews His Parish teams of Blessed Trinity parish who are
preparing for the next Renewal Weekends and for those participating, that
all will be open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Rose asks prayers for
good results from health tests.

Becky asks prayers as her mom passed away on December 15th. A member from
Maine asks prayers that daughter and child will soon find safe and
affordable housing. Paul asks prayers that his family may be brought close
together and close to God.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for four members of an area family who were
killed in a house fire. Alvina asks prayers for a special intention. A
Member asks prayers for herself and for her daughter for herself that the
stent she had put in will have no complications  and for her daughter that
the tests she had done are benign.