<MP>Wednesday, 18 October 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:27:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Jesus straightened up and said to her, 'Woman, where are they? Has no one
condemned you?'  She said, 'No one, sir.' And Jesus said, 'Neither do I
condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again.'"
~John 8:10-11

Not until we have failed can we learn true humility.  Humility arises from a
deep sense of gratitude to God for giving us the strength to rise above past
failure.  Humility is not inconsistent with self-respect. The person of God
has self-respect and the respect of others and yet is humble.  The humble
person is tolerant of others' failings, and does not have a critical
attitude toward the foibles of others.  Humble people are hard on themselves
and easy on others.

I pray that I may be truly humble and yet have self-respect.  I pray that I
may always see the good in myself.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm