<MP>Wednesday, 18 November 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:46:09 -0600 (CST)

Friday, 20 November 2009

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.
No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

B I S H O P   L I S T E C K I
Chosen to be Eleventh Archbishop of Milwaukee We keep Bishop Listecki very
much in our prayers!  So where does that leave us.  Visit my Web Site for
a complete explanation of how our new Bishop will be chosen.  Just follow
the link from:  www.frpat.com

A    L I T T L E    S U R G E R Y
When I was at Mayo I had abdominal surgery, since my intestines were not
getting blood. The problem somehow corrected itself and all is well with
that.  Now though, I have an incisional hernia.  Dr. Skemp says it's
likely that some stitches gave way, and that this is not uncommon. So,
I'll be having surgery to repair the hernia.  It's scheduled for 18
November, likely at 7:30 a.m. Dr. Skemp says I should plan to be in the
hospital for two or three days.  He also says I probably won't be able to
Celebrate Mass publically for two or three weeks. Keep me in your prayers
and know you?re remembered in mine as well!

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Dedication of St. Peter and Paul
St. Peter?s is probably the most famous church in Christendom. Massive in
scale and a veritable museum of art and architecture, it began on a much
humbler scale. Vatican Hill was a simple cemetery where believers gathered
at St. Peter?s tomb to pray. In 319 Constantine built on the site a
basilica that stood for more than a thousand years until, despite numerous
restorations, it threatened to collapse. In 1506 Pope Julius II ordered it
razed and reconstructed, but the new basilica was not completed and
dedicated for more than two centuries. St. Paul?s Outside the Walls stands
near the Abaazia delle Tre Fontane, where St. Paul is believed to have
been beheaded. The largest church in Rome until St. Peter?s was rebuilt,
the basilica also rises over the traditional site of its namesake?s grave.
The most recent edifice was constructed after a fire in 1823. The first
basilica was also Constantine?s doing.  For more, follow the link below:

He said to him, ?With your own words I shall condemn you, you wicked
servant. You knew I was a demanding man, taking up what I did not lay down
and harvesting what I did not plant; why did you not put my money in a
bank? Then on my return I would have collected it with interest.? ~Luke
19:11-28

God gives so many gifts.  Sometimes though, we don't put them to use.  We
can be like the man who didn't use his gifts ad all and yielded no return
for his master.  Or we can put our gifts to good use and bring in a yield
of a hundre-fold.

I pray that I may appreciate the gifts God has given me.  I pray that my
life may bring in a yield for the Lord.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!