<MP>Wednesday, 17 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:34:52 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P A R I S H    M I S S I O N    S T A R T S    T O D A Y !
Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Fr. Jim Marchionda, OP - S. Annie Willits, OP, 13-17 March 2010
Then there will be presentations at morning Masses at 8 a.m. Monday and
8:30 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Evening sessions are at 7 p.m.
Monday-Wednesday. Fr. Jim is a noted musician, composer and conductor. Our
Mission will feature Fr. Jim's compositions. The last night will feature
music, prayer, and Fr. Jim on jazz clarinet and saxopone.  There's more
information on our Parish Web Site, www.stpatz.com. Or, become a fan of
St. Patz Lenten Mission on Facebook.

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
As we celebrate ST. PATRICK'S DAY, we can imagine actually walking in the
footsteps of Saint Patrick on the Emerald Isle.  Here's our chance!  I
hope you're able to join us!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18
or fewer seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my
Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Patrick (415?-493?)
Legends about Patrick abound; but truth is best served by our seeing two
solid qualities in him: He was humble and he was courageous. The
determination to accept suffering and success with equal indifference
guided the life of God?s instrument for winning most of Ireland for
Christ.
Details of his life are uncertain. Current research places his dates of
birth and death a little later than earlier accounts. Patrick may have
been born in Dunbarton, Scotland, Cumberland, England, or in northern
Wales. He called himself both a Roman and a Briton. At 16, he and a large
number of his father?s slaves and vassals were captured by Irish raiders
and sold as slaves in Ireland. Forced to work as a shepherd, he suffered
greatly from hunger and cold.

But Zion said, ?The LORD has forsaken me; my Lord has forgotten me.? Can a
mother forget her infant, be without tenderness for the child of her womb?
Even should she forget, I will never forget you. ~Isaiah 49:8-15

?I cannot do anything on my own; I judge as I hear, and my judgment is just,
because I do not seek my own will but the will of the one who sent me.?
~John 5:17-30

God has such great love for us. As we hear in our First Reading, "I will
never forget you." It is natural for us to wnat to be closer and closer to
God. He calls us to strive to walk in the footsteps of His Son Jesus.

I pray that I may remember that God is with me always. I pray that I may
strive to walk in the foosteps of His Son.

Haiti and Chile. We pray for great respect for life from natural
conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.